Friday, July 6, 2012

Gouache & Acrylic Pet Portraits

Kentucky is in the middle of a heatwave along with everyone else.  Hopefully it will cool off a little bit soon!  I've been painting small pet portraits, only 6 x 6.  These are out of acrylics and gouache paints which are water based.  Using the water based paints are a big adjustment for me since they dry so quickly but it's fun to try new mediums.  Edges are a challenge also, I like to blend them more but it's dry before I get ready--must work faster!!!

Last night I took my first pottery class, it was very interesting and relaxing at the same time as I watched the potter's wheel turn.  I'll take pics next week and post.

 Amos
 My Lucky Dog!
 Mattie
 Mocha Pie
Duke

7 comments:

Paz said...

Oh! They're all so cute. What a wonderful job you've done! I hope it's cooled off a little. Today was the hottest day of the year, according to the forecasters. Ugh!

Paz said...

P.S. Looking forward to your pottery pics!

Rhonda Hartis Smith said...

Thanks Paz! Sounds like you"re in a heat wave too! Winter sounds good right now!

Trotter said...

Hi Rhonda! It has been a long absence, but things have been a bit hard: father 95, mother almost 91 doing radiotherapy, wife broke right elbow and I’m consuming some much needed holidays to take care of all this...

Great set!!

As far as Blogtrotter Two is concerned, it seems nobody is interested in St. Kitts, so maybe I should try something else. Anyhow, enjoy and have a great week or better a vacation, if still available!!!

Trotter said...

Hi Rhonda! Thanks for your comment on Blogtrotter Two, now in Dominica. Enjoy the rain and have a great weekend!

Trotter said...

Hi Rhonda! Hope you are having a great season! Sorry for the absence, but 2012 was definitely a difficult year here in Portugal, and even worse for me...
Wish you a very Happy 2013, and enjoy Grenada in Blogtrotter Two!

Great work, as always!!

Trotter said...

Hi Rhonda! It seems to be the same old story...
Hope you are having a great holiday season! Sorry for the absence, but work and concerns are keeping me away from Blogtrotter...
Anyhow, enjoy my latest post at Tobago!
Wish you all the best for 2014, hopefully better than 2013!