Saturday, August 6, 2011

Sunflowers

It's been so long since I've posted anything that I'm afraid that I don't remember how! Time seems to fly and before you know it, Spring has passed and Summer is almost gone. I have been painting some but just not posting. Since my last post many months ago, I have attended a Portrait Conference in Atlanta Georgia, which was fantastic, and took a watercolor workshop plus a caligraphy workshop. So time marches on and all I need to do is practice! In about a week, I am heading to the Peninsula School of Art in Wisconsin for Landscape Boot Camp taught by Dawn Whitelaw. I am very excited about this but also a little apprehensive about anything that says "boot camp". Dawn is an excellent teacher and I am sure I will learn lots.


I did a couple of Sunflower Paintings that were pretty large for me (14 x 36). They look great in their new home. Here is the first one.

4 comments:

Paz said...

Sounds like you're having a good summer! Keep having a good summer! Oh! Sunflowers are my faves! ;-)

Rhonda Hartis Smith said...

Thanks Paz! How has your summer been? Great I hope!!!

Suzanne said...

Ah nice to see a post and I love sunflowers.
Enjoy your time in Atlanta.

Trotter said...

Hi Rhonda! It seems that everybody is on holidays... Here it’s true, but someone has to stay... ;)

They look great anywhere!!

Blogtrotter Two is preparing to leave St. Florent. Enjoy and have a wonderful week!!