Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Shadow Strut


16x20

This is one of the paintings that I did for our upcoming show. I was in Key West in February and saw this cute bird just walking on the sidewalk. I think the shadow shape on the sidewalk appealed to me the most.

Angela Kuprion. . .Helen Nash. . .Marian Pacsuta. . .Rhonda Hartis Smith
The Bluegrass Painters showing at The Gallery at 916, Bowling Green, KY opening on Friday, October 15, 2010. The exhibition will be up for six weeks. If you are in the area, please stop by on Friday night for the opening that is in conjunction with the Gallery Hop, we would love to see you.

Last week was such an exciting week for me, starting with a PeggiKroll-Roberts workshop in Nashville, TN beginning on Sunday through Tuesday. Such a great Artist and teacher! We began the week doing 1 minute drawings and value studies with live models. Peggi gave us several exercises and tools to use to become better Artists--now it's time for the work to begin, about 10,000 hours should do it! I'll post more about the workshop later with some of my exercises.
The whole week was a week of celebration because the American Impressionist Society had their National Juried Exhibition showing at Richland Fine Art in Nashville. So many talented artists from all over the US entered works of art that were just beautiful. A special Congratulations is in order for two of my friends that were accepted into the show that had around a thousand applicants, Marian Pacsuta and Faye Phillips. What an honor!

9 comments:

Art with Liz said...

This is great Rhonda - and all the best for your show!

Gina said...

This is so lovely Rhonda..I love birds (a heron?) and shadows! Hope your exhibition goes really well! :) x

Rhonda Hartis Smith said...

Hi Liz and Gina, thanks so much for your support! I really don't know what type of bird it is--is it a Heron?

Thanks,
Rhonda

Brenda said...

Love it, Rhonda! And the shadow...don't know how on earth you do it!

Paz said...

I love that strut. Love the painting.

Congrats to your friends!

Have a fun time at the showing.

Paz xoxo

Rhonda Hartis Smith said...

Thanks Brenda & Paz! I've missed everyone, great to hear from you.

mari said...

Rhonda - I hope the show is going well. That painting is beautiful! And I think it's a heron, but I'm no birdie expert.

Trotter said...

Hi Rhonda! Wow! This one is gorgeous!!

Sorry for the absence: out one week, busy on return and then caught by the flu... ;)
Blogtrotter Two is still in Algiers... Enjoy and have a great weekend!

Rhonda Hartis Smith said...

Hi Mari,
Someone said they thought it was an Egret--but I'm no expert either (obviously).

Hi Trotter, Thanks so much and hope you are feeling better!