Sunday, October 31, 2010

Lemons Still Life & Home Studio Tour

6x8
Rhonda Hartis Smith
I painted this still life while in Nashville, TN for the Peggi Kroll Roberts Workshop. Workshop during the day, painting for the show at night. I've been spiffing up my Studio preparing for the Studio Tour (details below).
Next weekend I'm participating in the World's Greatest Studio Tour and Art Sale. If you are in the area, please come and see me. The hours are Saturday, November 6, 10am-5pm and Sunday, November 7, 1-5pm. I have participated in the past but this is the first time I've actually been in my Studio. Over 30 artists are on the tour and many sites will have refreshments.

7 comments:

shirley fachilla said...

So happy to hear a glowing report on the Peggi Kroll workshop. I'm a Nashvillian and feel so proud of the amazing art located here this fall.
Where is the "World's Greatest Studio Tour and Art Sale"? It sounds tempting.

The Vintage Kitten said...

Hi Rhonda, Thankyou for stopping by. Turning 40 has been a shock to my system LOL!

Love your lemon painting. I adore lemons, infact everything about them, the smell, the taste and the colour is so cheerful. You have captured them perfectly. They look so realistic its as if I could pick one up. Good luck with the World's Greatest Studio Tour and Art Sale, and you will be in your own studio too, how exciting X

mari said...

Rhonda, the Vintage Kitten (good heavens, what a GREAT name) took the words right outta my mouth. I. LOVE. lemons. You could paint a gazillion different versions and I'd probably be drooling at each one. This painting is lovely, and I really like the dark, the shadows. Good luck with your shows! hugs 'n happy halloween.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Beautiful painting Rhonda!

Have a wonderful show!

Rhonda Hartis Smith said...

Hi Shirley, thanks for stopping by! Nashville is one of my favorite places and there is no shortage of wonderful artists.


Thanks Kitten, glad your posting again, I've missed you!

Hi Mari, thanks for your kind comments--I love to paint lemons and I've eaten my share of them over the years.

Thanks Pat for your comment and well wishes :-)

Trotter said...

Hi Rhonda! Wonderful! In suspension...

After four posts, Blogtrotter Two is leaving Algiers 2009 and missing your comments... ;-( Enjoy and have a great weekend and a great show!

lm said...

Love the lemons! And your home studio tour was great!! Hope today goes well.
-Laura