Thursday, July 8, 2010

Young Ballerinas in Class

My apologies for not posting lately but life has been a little hectic and I haven't been painting a lot--so nothing to post. . . We have been on our two week motorcycle trip out West, riding about 5,600 miles covering 12 states. Whew that's a lot of miles not to mention beautiful scenery!!! In Yellowstone we were camping in Bear country, facing cold weather and possible snow before going South to Southern Utah. I love to visit our National Parks so we went to Yellowstone, Zion, Bryce Canyon and Arches National Parks. They are so beautiful and if I could I would like to see ALL of the National Parks in America. How many are there???
I went to a local dance studio, Dance Images, and took pictures of a few classes--Jazz and
Ballet so I have lots of material for future paintings.

16 x 12 oil


13 comments:

Art with Liz said...

Your wonderful ballerinas Rhonda! So soft and graceful.

Rhonda Hartis Smith said...

Thanks so much Liz, I appreciate your comment.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

This is such a beautiful painting, Rhonda. You captured their youthful figures and sense of seriousness so well.

I'd LOVE to see some of your photos from your trip! I also love National Parks ...we hope to visit Yosemite this summer.

I can't believe there was the threat of snow in Yellowstone! Were you in the NE corner? It is my favorite park so far.

Rhonda Hartis Smith said...

Hi Pat,
We camped in the Canyon area (8,000 ft. altitude). Yellowstone Lake was frozen and there was lots of snow--kind of refreshing as long as you were wearing several layers of clothing. I'll post some of my 2,000+ pictures :-)

Paz said...

I love your ballerina paintings.

Did you take photos on your trip. Glad you had a good time.

Paz

Rhonda Hartis Smith said...

Paz, I took over 2,000 pictures on the trip--WOW! Thanks very much!

Paz said...

Will you post some of them here. Would love to see them. ;-)

Paz

Rhonda Hartis Smith said...

I would be happy to!

Brenda said...

Wow...that's a LOT of miles, Rhonda! Glad you had a great time. (Love your ballerinas!)

Marian Fortunati said...

Wow... that sounds like a WONDERFUL adventure!!
So great to enjoy life to its fullest... You'll paint again when you have more time!

Trotter said...

Hi Rhonda! Another lovely painting!!
Look forward to seeing those pictures... ;)

Blogtrotter Two has gone deeply in Sardinia... Enjoy and have a great weekend!

Trotter said...

Hi Rhonda!
There is a weird post at Blogtrotter Two waiting for your comment... ;)
Enjoy and have a gorgeous week ahead!

Trotter said...

Hi Rhonda!
Thanks for your comment at Blogtrotter Two, which managed to get inside a cave and take pictures; enjoy the mites and tites and have a great week!