Saturday, May 1, 2010

Preparing for Drawing Workshop

This has to be a record-setting weekend for rain! The sound of the rain was so good this morning that I slept in, which is very unusual for me, then I took an afternoon nap. . .I think you can see how productive I am this weekend.
I did manage a 30 minute drawing in preparation for a workshop I am taking in August with Henry Yan--a week long figurative workshop in Chicago at the Palette and Chisel. I am very excited about it because I certainly need it as you can see. I did a little charcoal self-portrait so it will be interesting to see how I progress on these 30 minute drawings. I don't think the lighting was a good fit for me--may have to adjust that in the future and maybe I should fix my hair, get new glasses. . . I really am not angry, just concentrating. The good news is -- I am always available for a 30 minute drawing!



5 comments:

mari said...

Rhonda, I don't think you look angry. I think you look bemused. And I LOVE charcoal drawings, always have. Looking forward to more of your work!

Rhonda Hartis Smith said...

Thanks Mari, I was checking out your latest paintings yesterday and they're very impressive!

Suzanne said...

I think it looks fantastic, I wish I could do something like that.

Rhonda Hartis Smith said...

Thanks Suzanne, didn't post the one I did last night--phew!!

Gina said...

love your self portrait drawing Rhonda! :) x