Saturday, May 22, 2010

The Dance Teacher

After my show at the Capitol last Summer, Kathy at Dance Images was kind enough to let me display my "dance" paintings in her Lobby. I thought the "dancers" would enjoy and appreciate them. I was lucky enough to spend an afternoon taking pictures in some of her dance classes and learned what a challenge it is to get a good shot of dancers in motion. I'm used to models holding poses so this was a good lesson. Out of 500 pictures, I managed to get some good ones for future paintings--fortunately. I wanted to capture the teacher in action although it was a challenge to paint the mirror image of her.

My husband and I are preparing for our big motorcycle trip next month. We are going to the mountains (Wyoming and Montana) to Yellowstone National Park (my favorite place) and Glacier National Park. This will be a different trip for me since we will be camping instead of staying in hotels---hmmmmm. Right now we are trying to figure out how to get a mountain of stuff in our little storage compartment (lol). My goal is to have enough room to pack a few art supplies but I may have to give up my makeup.







4 comments:

Art with Liz said...

Always love your ballerinas Rhonda. And enjoy your trip - it sounds like it's going to be awesome!

Rhonda Hartis Smith said...

Thanks Liz, I'm very excited about it and hoping the weather is good.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

I love this ballerina instructor, painting, Rhonda! It's very creative.

Have a wonderful time on your trip! I love Yellowstone NP and I wish I was going along with you.

Trotter said...

Hi Rhonda! Lovely... and in blue!! ;)
Camping? Good luck... ;)

Blogtrotter Two has a sunset cruise for you! Enjoy the cocktails and the views and have a great weekend!!