Wednesday, April 14, 2010

3 hour head study from last Monday night

Well I've been missing a little while because I have Spring Fever! Our weather has been so unseasonably warm and beautiful that I just have to spend all my spare time outside. I've planted a little garden and I have lettuce and radishes sprouting already. Having lots of fun but not painting much.
Last Monday night we were fortunate enough to get to paint one of our favorite models--Roxie. She always wears the neatest costumes (she makes many of them) and as you can tell green was the color that night. Roxie is so talented that she even made her hat which was beautiful but I didn't quite capture the beauty of it in 3 hours. I'll try to do better at posting but I still have to paint my porch, plant flowers. . .

6 comments:

Lisa M Griffin said...

I love the contrast of her hair against the green in her outfit. Interesting feel to this piece as well, almost melancholy in mood.

Art with Liz said...

Beautiful greens Rhonda and an incredible portrait - and it only took 3 hours??

Paz said...

I like the painting. I like her hat. The color of her hat goes well with her hair color. ;-)

Paz

Brenda said...

I can see why Roxie is one of your favorite models. Love it!

Trotter said...

Hi Rhonda! Another one of your excellent ones...

Blogtrotter Two has a French party for you in Turkey... ;) Enjoy and have a great weekend!!

Gary Keimig said...

nice painting Rhonda. Love the hair the way you handled it. Makes the painting pop.