Sunday, January 3, 2010

A Little Christmas Angel

It's about 9 degrees this Sunday morning in Kentucky and I am trying to get motivated to move away from the warm fire and venture out into my cold studio. Tomorrow my vacation is over and it's back to work--starting the new year in a frenzy. I have my usual New Year's resolutions that I haven't really started yet (I always start everything on a Monday for some reason). So far for 2010 my art focus is going to be "inspiration and growth". We all have a certain amount of self drive when it comes to self improvement but sometimes external resources are needed and I'm looking--any suggestions on reading materials, DVD's, Workshops etc.?

We do have a two week motorcycle trip planned for this year to venture up to Glacier National Park in Montana, which is supposed to have one of the most beautiful stretches of road in it--Going to the Sun Road. Needless to say I am very excited about this trip--only about 3300 miles from home (lol). I'm going to pack my paint box if I can get my husband to stop long enough for me to paint. And of course we will have to go through Yellowstone National Park--one of my favorite places to visit.

This is my latest painting and what a little Angel he is. In case you can't tell, he had tinsel around his hair and I found this a little intimidating. I just tried to remember less is more. Such a sweet little face. . .

12 x 9
Rhonda Hartis Smith © 2010

12 comments:

Paz said...

Oh, what a precious-looking kid! Precious painting. I love the way you've captured his happiness AND the tinsel around his head. ;-)

Looking forward to what you paint on your road trip. ;-)

Happy, Happy New Year!

Paz xoxo

Art with Liz said...

He's really special Rhonda - you caught his expression so beautifully.

Rhonda Hartis Smith said...

Thanks Paz and Liz, when I saw his picture I had to paint him :-)

Suzanne said...

That is just the sweetest little face I have ever seen. Just a perfect angel.

Gary Keimig said...

Wonderful painting, Rhonda. A great way to start off the New Year. Have a Happy One.

Megha Chhatbar said...

He is just so cutieeeeeeeee. Fantastic capture of his expression. Look at his smile, so innocent and cute. I loved the painting and this sweet little angel!

Color Pencil Drawing: Radhe Krishna

Rhonda Hartis Smith said...

Thanks so much everyone for leaving your nice comments!

Brenda said...

I LOVE this, Rhonda! Such an angelic expression on his sweet little face.

Gina said...

wow this is so beautiful and makes me smile :)
your travel plans sound amazing..so wish I could tag along Gxx

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Hi Rhonda! It's nice to see hyour photo! I like the ne color and look of your blog.

This is adelightful painting --it actually has such great detail I thought it was a photograph.

I'd love to see Glacier National Park someday and revisit Yellowstone..hopefully someday. The West is so spectacular!

Trotter said...

Hi Rhonda! Sorry for the delay, but a new year always brings new troubles... ;)
Another great painting!!
Ang great travelling in the horizon... ;)

Meanwhile a new blog is born: Blogtrotter Two! Hope you enjoy at least as much as the previous version and look forward to reading your comments!
Have a great weekend!!! Gil

Rhonda Hartis Smith said...

Glad you love my little Angel!