Monday, December 28, 2009

Mother & Daughter

Hope everyone is ready for a new and exciting 2010! This is my 100th post and I can't believe how fast the time has passed since my first post in June 2008. Thanks so much for taking the time to visit my blog and especially to leave a comment. I've been so fortunate to have comments that are both encouraging and uplifting. As an artist, I am looking forward to the next year and what experiences it will bring and hopefully will continue to learn and grow.

Happy New Year from the Smith Family


I haven't posted lately because I've been visiting with family, doing a little entertaining, working and of course painting! This is a portrait that I have been working on of a Mother and her Daughter. They look so happy and I hope that is an emotion that I have captured.

8 comments:

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Hi Rhonda!

Your mother and daughter painting is vert sweet!

It sounds like you had a very joyful Christmas -- hope 2010 brings many new blessings you way!

Hugs, Pat

Paz said...

Love the painting!

Happy, Happy New Year!

Paz xoxo

Suzanne said...

Rhonda, I just love your painting. Spending time away from blogging is good, it makes you feel more realaxed and spending time with family is always valuable.
I hope you had a wonderful
Christmas and look forward to what you are up to in 2010.

Rhonda Hartis Smith said...

Hi Pat, yes I did have a very nice Christmas, so much to be thankful for.

Hi Paz, Happy New Year to you too!

Suzanne, you are so right, a break does wonders.

Thanks all and glad you like the painting :-)

Portrait Painting By Johanna Spinks said...

They are going to love it. Happy New Year Rhonda.

The Vintage Kitten said...

Happy New Year! Lots of Love TVK x
P.S Love the painting, the polka dots are very cute too x

Rhonda Hartis Smith said...

Thanks Johanna, it was a hit. Happy New Year to you too!

Hi Kitten, Thanks you so much and Happy New Year to you--I do love polka dots!!1

GMG said...

Hi Rhonda! Happy New Year!!
I thought I had already commented on this lovely Mother and Daughter; Wonderful!! And the slide show of the dancers is awesome!!

Meanwhile Blogtrotter has reached 500 posts on all blogs with some views of «La Petite France, Strasbourg! Enjoy and have a first great week in 2010!!!