Sunday, November 8, 2009

Latest Head Study plus scenery

I've learned my lesson, take a bigger canvas to my live model sessions!!! I ran out of room on this one so I just improvised and painted on the tape. This model had the greatest hair with red gold highlights (wish my hair looked that good).

Today was so beautiful with the sun shining and temperature was in the mid 70's--very unusual for this time of the year so we just had to take a motorcycle ride and as we passed these mules we had their undivided attention.

I have several pictures of these corn stalk stacks (???) and I love the way they look. I hope everyone has a great week!





9 comments:

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

It was also beautiful here today Rhonda! Almost like summer again. :-)

Your portrait is very nice! Painting glasses musy be tricky and you did a great job!

Loved the donkey photo...lol...it looks like they were saying "What's that?"

Art with Liz said...

What a pity about the portrait and not getting all of her in. But the painting is really stunning Rhonda, the skin tones and light and shadow on her face and neck are great!

Paz said...

LOL! Yeah, a larger canvas next time. ;-)

I wanna run my fingers through that gorgeous head of hair. ;-)))

Yes, as Pat wrote, we had a very nice, warm day, too. ;-))))

Love the photos.

Paz

Rhonda Hartis Smith said...

Pat, I'm loving this warm weather! Glad you like my head study, glasses are tricky. Usually I think--oh no glasses!!!!!

Thanks Liz, I was prepared tonight--a 16x20 canvas and I had plenty of room. I thought the light/dark pattern made it interesting.

Paz, I can just see you running your fingers through that gorgeous hair! Glad you liked my mules, you photograph people and I get animals since I'm in the country.

GMG said...

Hi Rhonda! The study is great (as always)!! But I see no reason for you to be jealous of the hair... ;)
Wonderful country shots! Great job!!

Blogtrotter finished Turkey 2008 (with a post you should see... ;)) and is now back to a gem in Iberia for you to comment on... ;)
Enjoy and have a great weekend!

Rhonda Hartis Smith said...

Thanks Trotter! I'll have to travel to the other side of the world to see your post on Turkey.

Brenda said...

I love the portrait, Rhonda!

Sandra Evertson said...

This is lovely and strangely some how familiar like maybe some how some where in the past I knew this face?!
Sandra Evertson

Gina said...

love the portrait Rhonda..and the hair was the first thing I noticed..you've captured the warm colours perfectly..and the corn stacks look fantastic :) Gxox