Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Monday night live model session

As I was going to work this morning, I noticed the sunrise and had to pull over, get my camera out of the trunk and take pictures of the golden sky. What a glorious sight! It was the prettiest part of the day, especially since it rained all day.


We had a wonderful model last night, she had the best outfit on, black pants and lace up patent leather boots. What a perfect figurative painting! But I took a teeny tiny canvas to paint on, don't ask me why but I've learned a lesson here--always take a larger canvas than you think you will ever use!!! So I had to force myself to paint her lovely face, life is rough (lol).

8 comments:

Art with Liz said...

Gosh Rhonda, in a way it was good you only had a small canvas - this portrait is magnificent!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

That was a spectacular sunrise Rhonda!

Your model ahd a pretty face --such pouting lips and red hair! Great job!

Sandra Evertson said...

Wow, Fabulous work, love the colors and texture too!
Sandra Evertson

Paz said...

A glorious sight, indeed!

Paz

Rhonda Hartis Smith said...

Thanks all, she was a sight to behold! If I only had a 16x20 canvas. . .

Suzanne said...

I love the colours in the photo and the canvas is just so stunning too.

Anil P said...

Maybe it was for the good after all, else the painting might not have focussed on the face at all :-)

The sunset was positively gorgeous.

Rhonda Hartis Smith said...

Thanks Suzanne, I think it's been raining since that sunrise--I'm ready for sunshine.

Hi Anil, I think you are right--next time I'll take a small and a large :-)