Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Fall is in the air

It's finally Fall, one of my favorite times of the year! It was so pretty the other day that my Husband and I went walking around the farm and ran into my Father-in-Law George, his dog Presley and friends!

Sunday morning I was up early and decided to drive through the campus and take a few pictures--I always carry my camera with me just in case you hadn't noticed.

This reminds me of my Father because he would decorate the graves of soldiers every Memorial Day with little US flags to honor them. I thought the light was beautiful.

Driving up College Street to Cherry Hall on Western's Campus. I love the shadows across the road, lots of wires & cables too.

My sweet dog Lucky is feeling frisky and checking out the yard. He likes to keep an eye on everything. I have a few small pumpkins for Fall!

I snapped this picture of a barn that pays tribute to the mighty Kentucky Wildcats--a lot of basketball fans in Kentucky!

I was walking around the farm and saw these big round bales of hay, they looked so interesting that I had to take several pictures at different angles (LOL). I love to paint them with the sun shining on them.

This is the view from our back yard, I love this pond because there is always something to look at. Sometimes there are cows swimming (do cows swim?), ducks or cranes on the pond, wild turkeys--you never know.

8 comments:

The Vintage Kitten said...

Wonderful photographs and such an amazing view from your back yard X

mari said...

I love these photos - I get a better sense of where you are and what your world is like. And I agree with Vintage Kitten: what a beautiful backyard view! I'm jealous! It's still kind of hot here in southern California, which I am NOT enjoying. I love fall, want it to be here NOW...

Paz said...

Lovely photo scenes. Thanks for sharing your part of the world with us. Love them all. My favorite? The one with the dog, of course (Any photo with a dog is my fave). ;-)

Paz

FCP said...

These are LOVELY photos, Rhonda. I wish we could hang onto fall longer.

GMG said...

Hi Rhonda! I’m back home and happy to come here!! This is a different but beautiful post! Great shots!!

Meanwhile Blogtrotter is showing you an incredible sea symphony of colours. Enjoy and have a great weekend!

LoomisBooks.com Editor said...

Really liked your pictures. Thanks for posting them. It's completely different here in Southern California. Your spot is beautiful.

Rhonda Hartis Smith said...

Thanks everyone, I'm a country girl at heart but I LOVE to visit the city!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

I missed this post, Rhonda, and I'm glad I saw it tonight. It was nice to have a peak into your area. Your home and neighborhood is lovely!