Tuesday, July 14, 2009

"Richie" and "Petals and Poses" Exhibition

I have a new neighbor and I'm so excited about it. It's this beautiful horse whose name is Richie. He is a Rocky Mountain Horse that is known for being even tempered and good natured. Sometimes in the morning when I leave for work, he's standing there waiting for me to say "good morning Richie". I know you think I'm crazy, talking to a horse at 6:30 in the morning but he is so adorable. I have a great view of him from my studio, so sometimes I take a break and watch him. If the sun hits him just right, I grab my camera and head outside to take pictures (I have several already). This particular painting is from one of my first shots where he was running towards me. I tried to capture the movement but this is my first attempt at this so . . .



10 x 8

Rhonda Hartis Smith © 2009


I have my car loaded up and ready to deliver my paintings to the Capitol Arts for my show "Petals and Poses" that I'm sharing with fellow artists Faye Christian Phillips and Susan Lackey. The opening reception is Friday, July 17th from 5-7 pm at the Capitol Arts, 416 East Main Street, Bowling Green, Kentucky. We would love to see you and there's a "Concert in the Park" that night starting at 7-7:30.

4 comments:

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Hi Rhonda!

You did a wonderful job painting Richie so realistically! What a eautiful horse.

Good luck at your show!

Paz said...

I love Ritchie's painting. I'd speak to him if I were there. ;-)

Good luck and have fun at the exhibition.

Paz

Gary Keimig said...

very nice. Great use of white. I'd say a conversation with a horse at any time is good for the soul. I do it often.

Rhonda Hartis Smith said...

Thanks everyone, Richie kept me company today as I was weeding my yard!