Thursday, May 14, 2009

Rhonda's Lilly Pads

I've really enjoyed using my palate knife lately. I love impressionalistic paintings so I've been working on painting with less "crispy" lines and using more paint. Not really sure if I'm finished with this one but this is where it is right now. I took the picture in the Florida Everglades while dodging the alligators on an air boat, what fun memories. When I was in New York City, I stayed in the Monet area for a long time looking at his lilly pads (of course mine don't begin to compare but I can dream. . .)


I have to share good news, my son Justin is graduating from Western Kentucky University in Bowling Green Kentucky, with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Agriculture, his area of concentration is in Agronomy. We're are so proud of his accomplishment and we're going to C E L E B R A T E!!!

I have to name this for my show, but I don't have the energy right now!



12 x 12
Rhonda Hartis Smith © 2009

10 comments:

The Vintage Kitten said...

The colours are lovely, very tranquil. Congratulations to your son, wonderful news! Enjoy your celebrations X

Rhonda Hartis Smith said...

Thanks Kitten, I spent tonight making and freezing punch for Sundays reception. I needed you here to show me a fancy punch recipe.

Suzanne said...

I just love the colours, so peaceful and calm.

I really like the texture, when I enlarged it I really wanted to touch it.

Congratulations to your son, you must be a very proud mum.

Rhonda Hartis Smith said...

Thanks Suzanne, it was calming to paint too! I'm very proud and excited, especially for him.

Paz said...

Lovely painting. I love the colors and the position of the lilies surrounding the flower.

Congrats to your son and you on his graduations. Awesome accomplishment.

Happy celebration!

Paz

L.Holm said...

Congratulations on your son's graduation. That's a wonderful accomplishment! :-) I like your water lilly bud. It has an expectant, hopeful feel to it. There's something so compelling about flowers about to bloom. You're really skilled with the palette knife.

Trotter said...

Hi Rhonda! Sorry for the absence, but I’ve been busy with my parents’ health; almost 180 years to care... ;)

Congrats for Justin! Great achievement!!
Lovely blues here!!!

Blogtrotter is paying homage to Vilnius as European Capital of Culture 2009. Hope you enjoy and have a great weekend!

Rhonda Hartis Smith said...

Hi Paz,

The reception turned out well and the ceremony was great--I am excited for him. I'm getting ready to paint another lilly pad painting with a flower that is open.

Hi Liz,

I'm really enjoying using my palate knife, I've used it for quite a few paintings for my show.

Hi Trotter,

Hope your parents are doing better, thank you for your congrats for my son. I'll have to check out your next trip.

Gina said...

Such lush and gorgeous colours in your painting Rhonda..love it! Huge congrats to your son..what a great accomplishment! Hope you enjoyed the celebrations Gx
p.s. meant to say last post best of luck on your show..I'm sure it will be fabulous! :) :)

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

I love the blue color in this painting Rgonda!

Congratulations and best wishes to your son! I actually know what agronomy is as a former blogger (Strider) had the same specialty.