Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Fountain Square Park Bowling Green Kentucky

I just love to paint the Downtown Square area and The Fountain is a favorite of mine. Everytime I look at it, I notice something new. For those that are familiar with The Fountain, it was renovated a couple of years ago but my reference pictures were taken before and there was a greenish patina on it. Once again I have stellar photography on one of my paintings; across the top is a shadow so please ignore. This was a commissioned piece so I was concentrating on delivering on time, hence the photography. I forgot to post on my abstract but I'll post soon--not quite sure that's my calling but you can be the judge.


16x20

Rhonda Hartis Smith © 2009

13 comments:

L.Holm said...

Lovely colors and light, Rhonda It's an incredible town square. I love the two on the bench with the bows, and the late afternoon glow of the scene.

Brenda said...

I love it. The colors are beautiful!

Gina said...

Hi Rhonda,
I've been trying to see the photo but it won't load for some reason, will pop back in tomorrow. Gx

GMG said...

Hi Rhonda! Another lovely painting! Beautiful colours! Forget the shadow... ;)

Blogtrotter is showing you Brasilia. Enjoy and have a great and long Easter weekend!

mari said...

This is beautiful, and gives me a feeling of what it might be like to sit and look at that fountain. I love the orange/rust colors.

Rhonda Hartis Smith said...

Hi Liz,
I love our beautiful little square, thanks for your comments!

Brenda,
This looks a little darker than the actual painting but close. Thanks so much!

Hi Gina,
Please visit later and maybe you'll have better luck.

Hi Trotter,
Brasilia ia such a lovely place, can't wait to visit.

Mari,
That's great, what a compliment to visualize yourself there.


Thanks everyone for leaving a comment!

Suzanne said...

This is beautiful.

Hope you have a wonderful Easter.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

This is the prettiest view of the fountain that you've painted, Rhonda!

Gina said...

Wow, this is so beautiful Rhonda..think it's a favourite of mine! Love the Autumn colours..so stunning with the grey of the sculptures and light post. Wishing you a very happy and safe Easter Gxox

Rhonda Hartis Smith said...

Thanks Suzanne, we're going to get together with family.

Thank you Pat, I'm sure I'll paint it again and again. Love you whale visitor.

Gina, thanks so much, the Fall colors are dramatic. It's so green here in the summer that I enjoy the variation of color in the fall.

http://www.onpainting.wordpress.com said...

I really like this design. A lovely painting.

Paula Villanova said...

Wow, I love this..it's at a great angle and looks like a square I would like to visit. Nice job!

Rhonda Hartis Smith said...

Thanks Paula, come on down and I'll give you a tour!