Sunday, March 22, 2009

Spring is in the air in Bowling Green Kentucky!

This morning I was struck with an illness--Spring Fever!!! I took my dear Dad for a little ride in our charming downtown area to see the beauty of flowers blooming and trees budding. Here are a few pictures of my favorite place--Fountain Square Park.

Such a beautiful day. . . we started at the fountain

another shot of the fountain

beautiful daffodils


Fountain Square Park

one last shot of the fountain before heading to campus. . .


driving up College Street to Cherry Hall. . .


The Hilltoppers did a great job in the basketball tournament this year--Go Tops!

our final stop was "The Depot" to see the old Louisville & Nashville train.


When we were done, my Dad had a little spark that wasn't there before. I'm guessing he has Spring Fever now! Thanks for joining me on my little trip.

9 comments:

Brenda said...

Thank YOU, Rhonda, for letting me tag along on your little trip. (Lovely pictures!)

M.Kate said...

Looks very interesting, wish I could come along..I hopped over from Gil's place.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

You live in a lovely town Rhonda. It is invigorating to sightsee --I'm gald your dad enjoyed the trip!

Rhonda Hartis Smith said...

Hi Brenda,
Come on down to BG and I'll take you on a real tour!

Rhonda Hartis Smith said...

Hi M Kate,
Thanks for joining me on my little tour--not quite as elaborate as Gil's trips though (or yours), you have a wonderful blog.

Rhonda Hartis Smith said...

Hi Pat,

I think my sweet Dad needed to get out and take a little tour. Let me know if you're coming to BG!

Gina said...

Oh what a gorgeous day to spend out with your Dad..glad you both had a lovely time..and the daffodils are beautiful! :D

Rhonda Hartis Smith said...

Gina, my Dad and I had a wonderful time, thanks so much!

MiniFlashBox.com said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.