I've been working on some 6x6 paintings for my friends with new additions to their families. The fabric below and a teddy bear were my inspirations for this painting. The nursery is decorated in greens and browns and the fabrics are fabulous!!! Fabrics always inspire me, I love to look at the colors and how they coordinate together. I never ever get tired of going into a fabric store--I can't help it. Now fabrics are inspiring me in my art.
- One thing that has been a constant in my family from generation to generation is sewing. I have a quilt square framed and hanging in my home from a quilt that was made by my Great-Grandmother!
- Some of my earliest memories are of my Grandmother Mazie piecing quilts and making sure that she added just a little red to every quilt since that was her favorite color.
- My mother quilted also and made doll clothes for me when I was a girl.
- All of my Aunts quilt and sew and many of my Cousins.
- I also sew and I have pieced a few quilts and for years I sewed custom window treatments and accessories. I eventually chose oil painting over sewing since there are only so many hours in a day.
Well I have two sons so I guess the family tradition ended with me -- unless I have Grand-daughters some day. . .
Guess what!!! I need a title for the painting below--any suggestions?
Rhonda Hartis Smith © 2009