Wednesday, December 3, 2008

TAGGED & Yellowstone National Park

Since I have been working like Santa's Elf on Christmas Commissions, I haven't been a very good blogger. Hopefully I'll be back on track soon but you know how busy the Holidays are. Meanwhile,

I'VE BEEN TAGGED (twice)

Deborah of Pictures Pots & Pens http://picturespotspens.blogspot.com/ tagged me right after I started my blog, also, Artist Joan Breckwoldt http://joanbreckwoldt.blogspot.com/ has tagged me to reveal 7 little known things about myself. Please visit their sites if you get a chance. I have to say that there really isn't a lot that is exciting about me but here goes--in no certain order:


1) I absolutely LOVE Yellowstone National Park. my first visit was several years ago and I've been back every other year since then. I can't see enough of Old Faithful, buffalos, eagles, love all of it (see pictures below), 2) I'm afraid of needles, 3) I married the boy next door, 4) I love to collect stuff, 5) I'm a motorcycle enthusiast--we travel all over the United States with our friends. We've had lots of fun on it--from coast to coast, north to south, beach to mountain--last year we went to--you know where--Yellowstone. 6) I love to visit museums--art, history, nature, etc. 7) Did I mention that I love to travel?


I'm tagging all of my blog followers to reveal 7 unusual things about themselves if you choose to participate.

Rules:1. Put a link to the person who tagged you in your post.2. List 7 little known facts about yourself.3. Tag 7 other bloggers and let them know.

My first trip to Yellowstone was in the mid 80's. I was on a trip for work, staying in Laramie, Wyoming and stayed a few days extra to visit the park--after that I was hooked! I can honestly say that Bowling Green, Kentucky is no where near Wyoming so I must love it to travel so far. Yellowstone National Park was established in 1872 and here are some of pictures of my last trip in July 07. This was a motorcycle trip and we stayed in Idaho around the West Entrance.





Old Faithful is the most famous and consistent geyser which erupts every 45-90 minutes and is located in the Upper Geyser Basin. There is a webcam that you can see on their website.





These beautiful mountains are the Grand Tetons a little south of Yellowstone. Jackson Hole Wyoming has a great view of the Tetons. The Tetons have their own national park (love this one too).






Back to Yellowstone now with a lovely scene within the park--breathtaking actually.




A waterfall in the park.




Here is the eagle we passed quite often.





You can't visit Yellowstone without seeing the Buffalo.


This is just a little playful bear we saw in the park. I was just a little nervous since I was sitting on the back of a motorcycle with no protection. Fortunately, he ignored us.


This is a beautiful steaming pool (hot pools). The intense colors come from two sources--water temperature and chemistry (pigments with microorganisms). There are over 10,000 thermal features in Yellowstone of which only 3% are geysers.





More hot steaming pools, we had to see every one of them (as a matter of fact all thermal 10,000 features--LOL) on our first trip there together.



Thanks for joining me on a trip to my favorite place and I'm thinking about 2009. . .


12 comments:

Michelle said...

Yellowstone is one of my favorite places to get away. Thanks for sharing your photos!

Rhonda said...

Your welcome Michelle, you can tell how I feel about it (LOL).

Paz said...

Awesome photos! Never been there before. Would like to visit.

Enjoyed reading your meme responses. Very cool!

Paz

Rhonda said...

Thanks Paz, it's a fantastic place! You should go there someday.

Pat said...

Hi Rhonda!

Beautiful photos and fun things to learn about you! I've never been to Yellowstone and I've never rode on a motorcycle!

Hugs, Pat

Rhonda said...

Thanks Pat,

Yellowstone is a great place to visit! Thanks for stopping by, I know everyone is so busy this time of the year.

Rhonda

Suzanne said...

Wow that is an amazing part of the world, the scenery is so beautiful. I only realised today you had updated, dont know what happened.

I enjoyed reading your tag and how nice to marry the boy next door.

As I said to a fellow blogger, you really needn't feel you have to apologise or explain why your are not blogging, it is after all your journal.

Gina said...

Beautiful photos Rhonda..hopefully one day I can visit Yellowstone! I found the hot pool fascinating..and incredible colour within Gx

Pat said...

Hello again Rhonda!
Thanks so much for your best wishes on the birth of my grandson! We are so excited and thrilled he is here :-)

It was nice to look at your photos of Yellowstone again -- I love the buffalo and the waterfall -- I would have been frightened by the bear!
Hugs, Pat

Rhonda said...

Hi Suzanne,

Thanks for visiting Yellowstone with me again and your comment on my Tag (yes I've know my husband since I was 11). You're right on the postings also.

Hi Gina,

Yes Yellowstone has many many of these, all different. My poor husband didn't really want to see as many of them as I did (LOL).

Hello Pat,

I am so excited for you on the birth of your Grandson, you'll be able to hold him soon--I'll bet you are counting down the days.

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

WOW. Great photos.
I wanna go there.
I also LOVE to travel.

Rhonda said...

Thanks Mary,
We're planning on going back this summer--can't wait!
Rhonda