Tuesday, November 4, 2008

November Show at The Gallery at 916

Here are some pictures of our beautiful downtown area in Bowling Green, Kentucky--"Fountain Square Park". The first picture is the Fountain that I have painted a couple of times and I have to admit that I adore our little downtown area. It's full of personality and as I have said before, there is a sense of pride here. This is the same composition of the night painting of the fountain that I did.



The next picture is "Main Street" of which I am currently painting and should finish it tomorrow night. I have painted Main Street several times and everytime I look at it, I see something new.




This is "The Gallery at 916" on State Street in Bowling Green, Kentucky and this is where my show is for the month of November with fellow artist Faye Christian Phillips. If you get a chance, our opening is Friday, November 7 from 5-7 pm. Hope to see you there!!!!!






You may recognize "Blossoming Friends" named by my friend Pat from Brooklyn New York. This is part of the show at the gallery.




16 comments:

Pat said...

Rhonda, your triptych looks stunning on that gallery wall! Congratulations on your show and good luck! I wish I could see it in person --Bowling Green looks like a beautiful town.
Thank you for using the tilte I suggested, I'm honored!

Rhonda said...

Pat,

I couldn't have done it without you--you really have a gift for naming paintings!!! Wish you could be here, maybe sometime.

Rhonda

Pat said...

Hi Rhonda

I agve you an award on my blog tonight -- hope you enjoy it!

Rhonda said...

Thanks Pat--I feel so honored (and I love awards). I'll be right over!

Suzanne said...

Hello Rhonda, Thank you for giving us a view of your town. Good luck with your exhibition.
"Blossoming Friend" looks so stylish on the Gallery wall, I wish I could see it in real life.
I will try and find you on facebook.
This is my email if I cant find you.
reeesa67@hotmail.com.
Have a good day Friday.

http://www.onpainting.wordpress.com said...

It looks very impressive on that wall. Lovely paintings.

Paz said...

Awesome that you and Faye will have a show together!

Paz

Rhonda said...

Hi Paz,
This is our third show together--she's the greatest!!!

Brenda said...

"Blossoming Friend" looks beautiful on the wall, Rhonda. Good luck with the show!

Rhonda said...

Thanks Brenda, I appreciate your good wishes!

Christine Mercer-Vernon said...

what a beautiful town you live in! so much character! beautiful paintings, congrats on your show.

Gina said...

Wow your paintings look gorgeous hanging there Rhonda! Best of luck with it!..and lovely to see some snippets of your home town..it looks delightful..hope you're having good weekend..ours is nearly over already!

jeanne said...

Rhonda, thank you for your sweet comment about Cocoa. My daughter and her family are in such grief it is breaking my heart' Time will heal I am sure.

I am so thrilled for you with your gorgeous art work being shown at the Gallery at 916 with your friend. I so wish I could see the rest of your art work in person. Your painting of the fountain at night is awesome. I had to read on to be sure is wasn't a photo. You have remarkable talent. I already knew that but I'm more impressed than ever. Your 'Blossoming Friends' is beautiful.

Best wishes for a successful show.

Hugs...Jeanne

Rhonda said...

Thanks Christine, Bowling Green is a relatively small town but it's home (I really like visiting "big cities"). I really enjoyed your site--I'll be back!

Hi Gina,
So glad you stopped by and you're right, the weekends just fly by. Today I have to work on a sewing project--custom drapes!

Hi Jeanne,
As I was reading your post I couldn't help but think about our two furry family members, Bandit, a blue heeler that adores my husband and Lucky a Lab mix that follows me around (especially if there is food around). My heart goes out to you!

magicpolaroid said...

Congratulations on your show! Luis

Rhonda said...

Hi Luis,
Thanks you so much, I feel very fortunate.
Please stop by again,
Rhonda