Sunday, November 16, 2008

New Site Coming. . and Help--Still Life Paintings that need names

I'm ready to start the new year with a new and exciting site thanks to my wonderful webmaster so stay tuned. . . I'll send a link to my subscribers and will post on my blog when it's ready.
I've taken a few days off to regroup after my show and now that I've rested up, I'm ready to paint again to complete my Christmas commissions. Since I haven't finished one yet, I'm posting a few still life's that I painted a little while ago that are unnamed (poor paintings). As usual I need help and you creative folks do such a good job . . .

11x14

Rhonda Hartis Smith © 2008

11x14
Rhonda Hartis Smith © 2008

I want to say a big "Thank You" to those who visit me on a regular basis and offer words of wisdom and make me feel warm and fuzzy. The blog wouldn't be any fun if I didn't have any visitors------next post A W A R D S!



11 comments:

Pat said...

Those are lovely still life paintings Rhonda!
I love to think of titles, so
my suggestions are "Preserving Summer's Bounty" and "After the Harvest."
Looking forward to seeing your new web site!

Hugs, Pat

Rhonda said...

Pat you are soooo good! Great titles.

Thanks so much!
Rhonda

Suzanne said...

Lovely paintings Rhonda and how exciting for all the changes coming up for you.
I was about to say, no names popped into my head but I think Pat has hit the nail on the head. What great names.

mari said...

Great paintings! I'm bookmarking this post so that I can think about some titles and get back to you about it. And I'm excited about your new site - what a great way to ring in the new year!

Gina said...

Hi Rhonda, unfortunately the top photo won't load for me..but I really love the 2nd painting!! Love the arrangement as always and Pat's title sounds perfect. Enjoy the rest of your week..and your new site sounds exciting! :D

Rhonda said...

Thanks Suzanne! I should have more posts soon.

Hi Mari,
I'm ready for a new beginning and a new year is perfect for it.

Gina,
Thanks so much, I've been working on the new site, stay tuned...

Thanks everyone!

Deborah said...

Oh, Rhonda! I do think these two are my favorites of your still lifes...my colors and everything!

A new site?!! Can't wait to see it.

Hugs cousin!

Sandra Evertson said...

Really beautiful work!
Sandra Evertson

Brenda said...

Sandra took the words right out of my mouth.....BEAUTIFUL work! And I'm looking forward to your new site as well!

Rhonda said...

Hi Deborah,
Those still life's are my favorites also. I spent a LOT of time on them but it was a labor of love.
Hugs, Rhonda

Hello Sandra,
Thanks for stopping by and leaving your kind comment. I'm going to check out your site later.
Thanks,
Rhonda

Hi Brenda,
I still have a little work to do but I think you'll like it.
Rhonda

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

These are lovely still lifes. I tend to use titles that are puns or somehow refer to the paintings in a humorous way. But sometimes I just call it Pepper Still Life #2.