Sunday, November 9, 2008

Main Street 24x36 painting & Opening Event

Our opening was last Friday night, November 7, and before it began, Faye and I were taking a few pictures. I am standing in front of a long wall that was devoted to my works of art. Faye's art was on the other wall. I would like to say a big "Thank You" to Lynn and Melissa at "The Gallery at 916" for a very nice opening event. Several attended and fun was had by all! I'm sure Faye will have pictures also so visit her at her blog Faye Christian Phillips (I have a link on my favorites list).


On my previous post, I showed a small snippet of our Main Street and "Fountain Square Park". Although I have painted Main Street several times before, here is my latest and largest painting. I was working hard to get it delivered before the show and I made it--yeah (at noon the day before)!!!


24x36
Rhonda Hartis Smith © 2008


Southgate Studio and Fine Arts Student Exhibition

You probably remember "Roxie" from a previous post. Southgate Studio and Fine Art in Franklin, Tennessee has an annual student show each November and Roxie was my entry. Unfortunately, I didn't get to attend the opening due to a previous commitment so I got to see it for the first time last Monday night. Please stop by and see Pat and Jody, the show looks great and there is so much talent, amazing!! Roxie really pops doesn't she--with all those pink feathers.






11 comments:

mari said...

Congratulations on your show. I love your use of red in the Main Street photo.

Paz said...

Yes, congrats on your show with Faye. I love the photos on the wall and you look very nice.

Paz

Suzanne said...

Congratulations on your exhibition. I love your large picture and there is nothing like pressure to get it done. Sometimes pressure gets creative juices flowing.

goddessof4 said...

How exciting to have a show with your art work!!!! Your paintings are beautiful!!!! Sara

Brenda said...

I LOVE "Main Street!"

Pat said...

Hi Rhonda

Nice to see your pretty face in the photos! I hope the show was a success.

Your new mainstreet painting has a beautiful Edward Hopper quality about it -- wonderful!

Hugs, Pat

Rhonda said...

Hi Mari,

Yes a little red really pops doesn't it. I like using red, it's a little more "brick" color than the image shows (I really need to work on my photography LOL).

Hi Paz,

I hesitated to put pictures of me on here--didn't want to scare you guys off! Faye & I have another show next August.

Hello Suzanne,

You are correct--I'm very deadline driven (too much so). Thanks!

Hi Sara,

I feel very lucky to be able to show my art but I always worry about everything I put "out there".

Thanks Brenda, I appreciate that.

Hi Pat,

Thanks so much, I think I broke a couple of cameras tho LOL.

Thanks everyone for your comments--I really do appreciate thenm!!

GMG said...

Hi Rhonda, Congrats! Great paintings and great show! And there is only one yellow car around... ;))

Rhonda said...

Hi Trotter,

I'm still working on converting you to a yellow lover!

Rhonda

Gina said...

Wow, your 'wall of art' looks fabulous and well done on getting the main st painting finished on time..it looks wonderful! Gx

Rhonda said...

Thanks Gina, I wasn't sure I would finish it but I did.