Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Miniature series

These four paintings are the last of the miniatures that I have painted so far. . . I may do some ballerinas. I think my favorite so far is the one of my father-in-law on his tractor and the sheep. I believe that makes me a country girl (I already knew that though). When I was a girl, I used to go with my neighbor (who is now my father-in-law, yes I married the boy next door) and feed the pigs and cows. He would pull a little trailer behind his tractor and that is where I would ride. I moved to Kentucky from Nashville, TN and I thought it was wonderful to feed the cows, chickens, pigs, climb trees, ride horses. . .


A little nautical painting--this is for my Dad, a retired Navy man of 20 years!


My little "Tuscan" like scene--love those little trees that grow there.



Kentucky scenery, a lone barn in the middle of a wheat field. I took this picture on the back of our motorcycle on a weekend ride.





8 comments:

Pat said...

Hi Rhonda

Nice to catch up with you tonight. These minatures are all so darling and I love the fork easel! I have one that I purchased once, and it holds a mini decorative plate.

Thanks for your well wishes on our anniversary! Key West was such a fun place to visit.

Sandra Ree said...

Rhonda, I think my favorite ones are all of them! And how sweet are the little easels made out of forks! Your husband is just as talented as you are!

And I love the miniature beach paintings! I have love affairs with any beach, one day I hope to retire on one. :)

Rhonda said...

Hi Pat,

I like painting the miniatures but now I'm working on bigger ones for my show in November, 24x36 & 16x20--a little bigger! Where's your next trip (I think you're traveling from coast to coast to coast.

Hi Sandra,

I'm afraid when I cropped my pictures and blew them up, they blurred (I need to take lessons from you and Paz). I love the beaches too and if they put a beach in south central Kentucky, I might retire by one (LOL).

Paz said...

I'm probably repeating myself but I love these miniature paintings. Love them!

Paz

Rhonda said...

Hi Paz,
Maybe I can get a NYC cityscape on a 3 x 4 canvas LOL! I guess if I can get a tractor & 3 cows. . .
Thanks,
Rhonda

Paz said...

LOL! I love the idea! ;-)

Paz

Debbies-English-Treasures said...

I too love the fork easel...
But it isn`t as nice as your wonderful paintings, though! LOL
And I mean it!!!
Kisses
Debbie Moss

(England)

Pat said...

Hi Rhonda
Do you have any mini paintings of ballerinas? A friend of mine runs a dance school and I was thinking a mini painting with perhaps an easell would make a nice holiday or birthday gift! If you could e-mail me through my blog some info on prices I'd appreciate it --thanks!

Pat