Sunday, October 19, 2008

3 pear still life

8 x 10

Rhonda Hartis Smith © 2008


Pears are sooooo much fun to paint, they have the odd little shapes--kind of bulging at the bottom or side and in a certain light they have all kinds of colors. Here are my three little superstars posing for me. The actual painting has more color to it--I need a photography class (in my spare time)!
WORLD'S GREATEST STUDIO TOUR AND ART SALE REMINDER
Don't forget I'll be at The Gallery at 916 on November 1 from 10am to 5pm and November 2 from 1-5pm and look forward to seeing those of you that can come.

10 comments:

Gina said...

Beautiful job Rhonda..love how you painted the reflections at the bottom too! Gx

Paz said...

I want to take a bite out of one of those pears. heh heh heh. ;-)

Paz

Rhonda said...

Hi Gina,

Thanks so much, that's one of my favorites in painting still lifes, the reflections.

Rhonda said...

Paz,

You know how I like to eat the props--I did!

Suzanne said...

Very life like Rhonda and I can understand why you would eat your props. They look delicious.

Sylvia Jenstad said...

had to stop... really cool... I also love 'Roxie in Feathers'... beautiful

Debbies-English-Treasures said...

Truly wonderful!
Its nice to see that you have show us that you can not only paint Children and wonderful scenarios but fruit also!
Once again,
I have to tell you...
How much Talented I think you are!
Kisses
Debbie Moss
(England)

P.S - Is there anything that you can`t paint!?
I bet you are wonderful at painting E.V.E.R.Y..T.H.I.N.G!
lOL

Rhonda said...

Hi Suzanne,

Yes these were delish! and healthy. . .

Hi Sylvia,

Thanks for visiting and your kind comments! I went to your site and love your stained glass painting.

Hi Debbie,
I've missed you, but I know you have been very busy. I try to paint anything & everything.

Thanks all for your comments!!!

Rhonda

Pat said...

Beautful pears, Rhonda. Thye do look good enough to eat! Wish I was able to attend your show!

Rhonda said...

Thanks Pat, wish you could be here, I would love to meet you.