Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The Rose


This painting is a little different than the others I have posted. This is my 24"x36" rose. I have to say this is one of the more difficult paintings that I have done. I just couldn't get it the way I wanted it but eventually I accomplished my goal. This piece was commissioned and the owners, my good friends Debbie and Tim are very happy with it. I think it is a great focal point for the room plus you can see the painting from other rooms in their house. According to Debbie, the painting changes color as the light changes throughout the day--pretty cool!








9 comments:

Suzanne said...

It looks so realistic from my screen here. I want to go up and smell it. I love the colour of this rose, it is one of my all time favourite rose colours.
Amazing.

Paz said...

Very nice. I like the idea that it is the focal point in the room and changes color as the light changes. That IS cool. ;-)

Paz

Debbies-English-Treasures said...

WOW! WOW! WOW!
YOU ARE SO INCREDIBLY TALENTED!
EVERY TIME YOU DO A NEW PIECE I`M FASCINNATED BY IT!
BY THE WAY... FLOWER ARRANGING ITS SO EASY TO DO... IN MY OPINNION, THERE`S NO WRONG OR RIGHT WAYS TO DO IT, REALLY!

KISSES
DEBBIE MOSS

I`M LOOKING FORWARD TO SEE MORE OF YOUR AMAZING PAINTING SAND TALENTS!

Brenda said...

Exquisite, Rhonda, just exquisite!

Sandra Ree said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Rhonda! I would be very happy with it! :D

Rhonda Hartis Smith said...

Thanks everyone for your compliments, this is my second giant flower commission, the first one was a flower painted on four
16x20 canvases and they can be hung together or spaced apart. I'll see if I can get a good picture of it and I'll post it.

Thanks again, you guys are so sweet,
Rhonda

Gina said...

This is so beautiful Rhonda!..the colour is so soft and pretty and really pops out..with the colour scheme of this gorgeous bedroom! Well done! :D Gxx

Gina said...

I forgot to say..I hope you are feeling better too Rhonda..how did you go with those blinds? Gx

Rhonda said...

Hi Gina,
I'm doing better, glad to hear from you. Wish I could take credit for the color scheme, I did paint the rose to match it tho. I'm still working on those curtains.
Rhonda