Tuesday, August 19, 2008

My Dramatic Ballerina!

9x12
Rhonda Hartis Smith © 2008
This is the latest in my series of ballerinas. Note the very dramatic lighting from the top. I'm not sure if I am finished with this one yet. I will have to look at it and mull over it, probably tweak it here or there. . .really I don't officially finish them until they are out of my reach. And she needs a name--any suggestions?
Thanks everyone for your input. I really appreciate you taking time from your busy schedule to write a comment or send me an email.


7 comments:

Debbies-English-Treasures said...

Oh, sweetie, thanks so much for stopping by, AGAIN!
I`m ALWAYS so fascinnated with your BEAUTIFUL art!
I just so wish that I would have your painting skills!
My 7 year old daughter, paintings and drawings are a lot better than me! LOL!

Please do feel free to stop again soon!

Oh! I just noticed that you have added me as your favorites... So kind of you!
You have made my day, for sure!
I will do the same to you, so I can stop often and be fascinnated by your art!

Kisses & Hugs

Debbie Moss

(FROM ENGLAND)

FCP said...

Lovely painting. She looks like she is waiting for her turn to step onto the stage.
Faye

HELENE J said...

"Off Stage"
Nice balerina!
Have a look at mine (not as fine as yours of course!)

Sandra Ree said...

Absolutely beautiful Rhonda!

The name? How about the very sweet "Tammy Evette Monet". ;)

Rhonda Hartis Smith said...

Hi Debbie,
I always enjoy your site, lots of goodies that I love. Don't worry, I'll be back.

Faye,
You're right she does. . .thanks so much.

Hi Helene J,
Thanks for stopping by, I checked out your site and your ballerina is lovely, love the red tutu and her composition. I like "off stage".

Hi Sandra,
Thanks for your compliment on my little ballerina--something about that name. . .sounds very Southern French.


Thanks all!

Paz said...

Love your "dramatic" ballerina. I wonder what she's thinking about -- the steps to her dance?

Paz

Rhonda Hartis Smith said...

Hi Paz,
I don't know what she's thinking but she certainly looks thoughtful!
Rhonda