Friday, July 18, 2008

Latest Paintings

12x16 Oil Commissioned Piece
Rhonda Hartis Smith © 2008

This young lady was in a wedding earlier in the day, she looks lovely with her hair up and the late afternoon sun shining on her as she looks at the river.

9x12 Oil Commissioned Piece
Rhonda Hartis Smith © 2008

Enjoying a fun filled day at the water park--wish I was there!


Daisy's and Apples 10x12 Oil
Rhonda Hartis Smith © 2008

I collect white pitchers and love to use them in my still life paintings. I have several pieces of pottery that are all possible "subjects" in a painting.

4 comments:

Paz said...

All very nice paintings. I especially love how you've captured the atmosphere in the paintings. I can feel the calmness of the young lady just enjoying the moment after the activities of everything that goes on at a wedding. Those two kids look like they're having a good summer day. How interesting that you collect white pitchers. Very cool! I look forward to seeing other possible pottery subjects. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your very kind message when I had my surgery. Much appreciated. Being able to view your beautiful art helps me feel better as I recuperate. Thank you!

Paz

Rhonda Hartis Smith said...

Hi Paz,

Thanks for your very nice message. I've seen both your blogs and they're very impressive! Faye and I are having a show in November so I had better start painting some of my pottery! I also have a real weakness for McCoy Pottery flower pots--I just can't pass one up.

Thanks,
Rhonda

Paz said...

Oh, wow! The two of you together? That's going to be awesome! Thanks for your kind words!

Paz

Pat said...

Beautiful paintings!
The children look so happy!