Friday, July 11, 2008

Landscapes

Desert Vista 9x12 oil
Rhonda Hartis Smith © 2008
This painting reflects the cooltones of the desert, the purple mountains in the distance. These vintage cars are a challenge to paint.
Sunset Glow 9x12 oil
Rhonda Hartis Smith © 2008

This painting is so retro with the "vintage" car and trailer. The glow is from the sunset, that nice yellow orange glow that makes everything beautiful.
The slide show with this post consists of some of the sites in Bowling Green, Kentucky. We have a beautiful campus, Western Kentucky University (my alma mater), in addition to an inviting downtown square that has a beautiful fountain. And don't forget . . . home of the Corvette!

My next post will contain two new paintings that I have done. One is a figurative and the other is a portrait piece. Until then. . .

Rhonda






3 comments:

Devonia said...

Just over from Deborah's tag for you to see your art. WOW!!!! Like Deborah, I love the ballerina's but all of your work is magnificent! Love it! Devonia

Paz said...

Like Devonia, I love it, too! Love everything here.

Best,
Paz

Rhonda Hartis Smith said...

Devonia and Paz, thanks for stopping by sharing your comments. Devonia, I checked out your blog and love it--I'm all about Shabby Chic!

Paz, felt the need to visit NYC and love your clouds--a painting waiting to happen!

Thanks,
Rhonda