Sunday, June 15, 2008

Let me introduce myself. . .

As a new "blogger", I would love to share some of my works of art. My medium of choice is oils and I paint all subjects but I specialize in figurative and portraits. Your comments are welcome!

This is a profile that I did, I think the lavenders in the background compliment her--9x12.

Rhonda Hartis Smith © 2008

This young man looks so grown up in his jacket--12x16. I wanted an old world feel for this painting.

Rhonda Hartis Smith © 2008

Our beautiful ballerina--20x24.

Rhonda Hartis Smith © 2008

This still life is a favorite of mine for two reasons, the first is because I love donuts and the second is because the cup in the painting is just like my Grandmother's cups--10x12. I have a soft spot for anything that reminds me of her. Rhonda Hartis Smith © 2008


4 comments:

FCP said...

Lovely work, Rhonda,
Faye

RHS said...

Thanks Faye--your blog was my inspiration!

lm said...

Rhonda, love the blog! I love the one of the ballerina with the green tutu!
Laura

RHS said...

Thanks Laura, I love painting ballerinas--stay tuned!
Rhonda