Thursday, June 26, 2008

Beautiful Ballerinas

s'etendre 8x16 oil
Rhonda Hartis Smith © 2008
When I was a young girl, I always wanted to take dance lessons and to be a "dancer". Well that particular dream was not realized but I did grow up with an appreciation for the gracefulness and beauty of the art of dance. In my opinion, the Ballerina is the most graceful and that is why I enjoy painting them and trying to capture "the essence" of the dancer. I don't know if I am successful in this but I love to try! Our painting group is fortunate to have a young lady that is willing to pose for us enabling us to participate in our own way in the beauty of dance.

9 comments:

Deborah said...

Hi Rhonda!! This is your distant cousin in North Carolina. Silbert directed me here. I am going to love your blog!!

I have one too. It's called Pictures, Pots and Pens. I hope you will visit me!
I've been blogging for a little over a year.

I'm going to send some of my friends over. May have to wait until tomorrow though. We're getting ready to go to our daughter's for a cookout!

I'm so happy to see you blogging!
You are so talented!

Hugs, Deborah

Deborah said...

I added you to my list of "friends"
on my sidebar. Hope you don't mind.

Please keep blogging!
Hugs,
Deborah

Rhonda Hartis Smith said...

Thanks Deborah! I'm new to this but it's really fun. I love the way people share their creativity. Can't wait to check out your site.

Cousin Rhonda

hautemommy said...

WOW, how gorgeous!!! You have beautiful paintings!! I read your sidebar- can't believe you have been to *almost* all the states, how neat!!!! xxoxoxo!

Rhonda Hartis Smith said...

Thanks hautemommy!

I love to travel, we have a Harley-Davidson Motorcycle and we've covered many of the 50 states on our motorcycle. Our last trip was in May, we went from
California to Kentucky touring Route 66. I'm starting a new series of paintings for my show in November. . . stay tuned!

Rhonda

Vanessa Greenway said...

hey! I found through Pics, Pots and Pens. Wonderful ballerinass pictures!! Vanessa

Jeanne said...

Your ballerina is beautiful. I feel lucky to be able to view your work.

Jeanne

Rhonda Hartis Smith said...

Thanks for stopping by Vanessa. Ballerinas are so much fun to paint, as a matter of fact I'm working on a few more.

Rhonda

Rhonda Hartis Smith said...

Jeanne,
Thanks for your comment on the ballerina! I'm the lucky one to be able to share!
Thanks,
Rhonda